CARI Malay Forums

Forgot Pass?
 Register

Facebook Login

Login by Facebook

Forum : Gosip |  Hiburan |  Isu Semasa & Politik |  Peristiwa |  Lawak & Santai |  Sukan |  Informasi |  Kesihatan |  Soal Jawab Agama |  Negeri & Negara
Wanita & Lelaki |  Cinta & Perhubungan |  Belia & Pengetahuan |  Komputer & Internet |  Hobi |  Buku & Penulisan |  Koleksi Gambar
English Channel |  தமிழ் மக்கள் |  Jual/Beli |  Maklum Balas |  CARI Rasmi |  Cari Contest
Author: dexa

Isu: Pencemaran Alam Sekitar - Raise Awareness To Save Environment -

Close [Copy link]

Post on 27-6-2007 07:26 PM |All posts

Environs project a hit with students

UMW Toyota head of environmental safety and health department Ismail
Omar giving some pointers to the Toyota Eco.Tech team of SMK Teknik
Kuala Kangsar on their filtration project.

KUALA KANGSAR: A seven-year-old programme to help educate students on environmental concerns is fast becoming a mainstay with the participants eager to chip in their own Do-It-Yourself projects.

The UMW Toyota and Ministry of Education programme has thus far seen more than 90 schools throughout the country taking part, with another 15 competing among themselves for the top five positions in this years competition.

Presenting their project to the UMW Toyota team yesterday was Eco.Tech from Sekolah Menengah Teknik Kuala Kangsar, in Padang Rengas, near here, with their solid waste filtration system.

The seven students from the schools food management course were visibly proud of their invention as they had surpassed their initial target of lowering the amount of suspended solids in waste water by 30 per cent.

Team leader Nabilah Osman, 16, said they too were quite surprised when they registered a reading of 240 mg/litre; more than 90 per cent reduction from the initial reading of 3,085 mg/litre before fitting their "Pure Tech" filter system.

The team had fitted the filter at their dormitory on March 29 and took regular readings over the week. "Its a good case for putting the filter system in place so that solid waste would not clog the drain.

"The treated water can be used to water the plants, for example," said Nabilah. The team fitted a transparent plastic container at the lower end of their filter to enable the cleaning out of solid waste from the sink water whenever it gets full.

Nabilah said the team had identified the project from several others and thanked both the states Department of Environment and the Chemistry Department for their assistance in the project.

Aside from Nabilah, the team consists of Nurul Hanis Zainol, Nurul Nasehah Adnan, Nabilah Shamsudin, Fatin Liyana Mohd Yaacob, Lian Boon Chuan, Farah Syamimi Noordin and Siti Nur Atiqah Aznan.

UMW head of environmental safety and health department Ismail Omar said all 15 school teams would be required to present their projects at an exhibition and convention at One Utama Shopping Centre from Sept 7 to 9 this year.

"This is the preliminary round to assess the projects of all the teams. It constitutes 50 per cent of their total marks."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syabas kepada UMW dan SMT Kuala Kangsar atas prihatan ke atas
alam sekitar -  project yang patut disanjungi dan menjadi satu
perangsang kepada yang lain juga --
~ ~ what does not kill me only makes me stronger ~ ~

Props Report

Post on 30-6-2007 05:54 PM |All posts

Tasik tadahan air jadi tong sampah

Oleh: NORZAINURA ABDUL MAJID

LAUTAN sampah yang dibuang ke dalam tasik bekas lombong sedalam 15 meter seluas 1 ekar menimbulkan bau busuk yang amat sangat ditapak pelupusan sampah di Kampung Seri Wangi Batu Pahat.

BATU PAHAT 29 Jun
de govt shud be afraid of the people, the people shud gangbang the ministers

Props Report

Post on 1-7-2007 09:35 AM |All posts
Young but able to save environment

KUALA LUMPUR, Sun:
Growing up in a small village in Kelantan, Nurhidayati Abdul Aziz watched a documentary about a Canadian boy who sold lemonade to raise money to save endangered bears.

That boy was Simon Jackson, whose letter-writing campaigns have grown into an environmental movement, and was later honoured by Time magazine as one of its Heroes for the Planet in 2000.

"He made me realise anybody at any age can do something to save the environment," she said. The final-year student at International Islamic University Malaysia now signs up for as many field trips and environmental programmes as she can.

Last week, Nurhidayati was picked as one of two Malaysian envoys under the Bayer Young Environmental Envoys (BYEE) programme. She and Universiti Putra Malaysia student Leong Zi Ping will travel to Germany in November for a week-long study trip to chemical and pharmaceutical giant Bayers headquarters in Leverkusen.

They will be part of a 50-strong youth delegation from 17 countries going there to learn about industrial environmental protection.

Leong, 21, has a passion for wildlife and was inspired by his mother, a believer in recycling. "She recycles everything, from batteries to plastic bags. When she goes to the market, she tries to reduce her usage of plastic bags," he said.

The duo had proposed similar ideas to the BYEE programme

Props Report

Post on 1-7-2007 12:21 PM |All posts
Slight haze in northern areas
nak mai  plak dah ker???
PETALING JAYA: The Meteorological Services Department has confirmed that the haze is back although it has not strongly affected visibility or air quality.

Department environmental studies director Lim Sze Fook said visibility at 2pm yesterday in Alor Star, Prai, Butterworth, Penang, Ipoh and Sitiawan was between 5km and 9km while it was more than 10km for the rest of the peninsula including the Klang Valley.

According to satellite images, there were 64 hotspots in Sumatra at 3.16pm on Friday and this increased to 76 hotspots at 6.35pm the same day,

Props Report

Post on 1-7-2007 12:44 PM |All posts

Reply #204 honeybee1802's post

acara jerebu tahunan nk mai daaahhh...
de govt shud be afraid of the people, the people shud gangbang the ministers

Props Report

Post on 1-7-2007 02:59 PM |All posts
x lama lagik paklah nak launch video psl alam sekitar...(ke dah launch..aper2 je la)
ade 8 video smua...psl penerokaan/alam sekitar/pollution...
tp dibuat dlm bentuk cerita..mmg klakar bangat...

aku plg ske 1st vid...yg nyayi lagu bangau oo bangau..
yg plg klakor vid yg ke bape tah psl org nak msuk meminang..then kat umah ppuan tu (sh. aleya) ade bnyk lalat..huhu..aku xreti nak ceta..nnti korang tgk la sendiri...

Props Report

Post on 2-7-2007 07:34 PM |All posts
Kluangs river of shame raises health concerns
2007/07/02

KLUANG, Mon:
Foul-smelling brownish waste water is flowing into a river here, raising fears that it could affect the water supply to thousands of homes.

In 2005, pollution in the river and a drop in the water level at the West Sembrong Dam disrupted supply to about half a million residents in Batu Pahat and here for months.

Recent checks revealed fetid waste discharging from drains. The drains join a stream in nearby Kampung Sembrong Dalam and then Sungai Sembrong. Much of the waste is believed to be discharged by a mill here into a stream which flows into Sungai Sembrong.

A villager, who identified himself as Razak, said the stream also carried pollutants and waste from other factories and commercial centres in the area. Compounding the problem is cement dumped into the stream. When it rains, the water overflows.

"The polluted floodwaters get into our homes, killing plants and posing a health hazard for us," Razak said. Frustrated villagers have begged the authorities to redirect the stream but to no avail.

The Department of Environment (DOE) said it would check on the complaints

-------------------------------------------------

i hope DOE will do something about this -
the pollution in the river is gonna kill all the ecosystem there
and not only will effect the fish but the health of the people
who live around the area -

kenapalah benda macam ni tak diambil berat --
yang disebokkan ialah bina WPI - bina ni bina tu
bukan tak boleh  - boleh tapi biarlah pembangunan tu
balance dengan kebersihan yang diwarwarkan  tu --
tapi untuk baik pulih and bersihkan kawasan ambil masa
bertahun tahun nak dibersihkan sedangkan benda begini
iaitu kebersihan setempat sangat penting pada penduduk -

Props Report

Legenderer

www.sardin.co.nr

Post on 2-7-2007 07:35 PM |All posts
kat n9 yg tak brape maju pun kotor sungainya.............
Yg Bhg Presiden CDA
GST baik utk Rakyat | BN mesra YAHUDI
I stand with Khalid Ibrahim
justice for papa KETUM only

Props Report

Post on 2-7-2007 11:32 PM |All posts
171 hotspots in Sumatra
By ROYCE CHEAH

PETALING JAYA: The number of hotspots in Sumatra has almost doubled within 24 hours, signalling the onset of the forest-burning season in Indonesia which inevitably shrouds Malaysia in a haze.  

According to Meteorological Services Department environmental studies director Lim Sze Fook, satellite images showed 171 hotspots in Sumatra as at 2.58pm yesterday compared to 91 at 3.05pm on Saturday.

Satellite images also showed five hotspots in Peninsular Malaysia on Sunday (yesterday) compared to none on Friday.

Out of the five hotspots, two were in south-west Selangor,

Props Report

Post on 4-7-2007 09:01 PM |All posts

Mustapa tumpang kenderaan guru ke Kolej Komuniti

Mustapa tumpang kenderaan guru ke Kolej Komuniti

SUNGAI SIPUT 3 Julai – Menteri Pengajian Tinggi, Datuk Mustapa Mohamed menumpang kenderaan seorang guru bagi menghadiri majlis perasmian Kolej Komuniti Gerik apabila helikopter dinaiki beliau terpaksa mendarat di Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Lasah ekoran jerebu tebal.

Helikopter itu mendarat di sekolah pedalaman tersebut kira-kira pukul 9 pagi ini, sejam sebelum majlis yang akan dirasmikan oleh Sultan Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah itu bermula.

Disebabkan kesuntukan masa, Mustapa meminta bantuan seorang guru, Anuar Abdullah untuk ke majlis itu walaupun pada masa sama Menteri Besar Perak telah mengarahkan pihak tertentu mengambil menteri itu sebaik sahaja mengetahui kejadian tersebut.

Dengan bantuan guru itu, Mustapa berjaya sampai sebelum Sultan Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah tiba ke kolej tersebut yang terletak kira-kira 70 kilometer dari SK Lasah.

Menurut Anuar, dia mengetahui daripada adiknya, Nordin yang juga seorang guru di sekolah itu bahawa helikopter yang mendarat di situ membawa menteri berkenaan.

‘‘ada mulanya, adik saya ingin melihat siapa yang datang ke sekolah itu tetapi dia tergamam apabila Mustapa yang turun dari helikopter itu dan meminta bantuannya untuk menghantar beliau ke Gerik.

‘‘Adik saya kemudiannya memanggil dan meminta bantuan saya untuk menghantar menteri itu,” katanya.

Menurut Anuar, dia sungguh terharu dengan kesudian Mustapa untuk menaiki kenderaannya ke majlis itu.

‘‘Ini merupakan sejarah dalam hidup saya apabila seorang menteri sanggup menaiki keretanya untuk menghadiri satu majlis rasmi,” katanya.

Beliau berkata, sepanjang perjalanan itu, Mustapa begitu mesra dan turut bersembang panjang sepanjang perjalanan kira-kira sejam itu.

‘‘Mustapa ada bertanya beberapa soalan kepada saya tentang tahap pendidikan dan kemudahan pembelajaran di sini,” katanya.

Sementara itu, Jurucakap Menara Kawalan, Jabatan Penerbangan Awam Ipoh berkata, helikopter yang membawa Mustapa tidak boleh mendarat di Gerik kerana jerebu tebal dan jalan terbaik ialah dengan mendarat di padang SK Lasah yang terletak bersebelahan gunung yang merentasi kedua-dua daerah itu.

------------------------------------------------

haku sebenarnye kurang paham, hape manfaat cite2 camneh disiarkan dalam surat kabo mesia?

cume nak menceritekan perasaan terharunye seorang rakyat bese bile seorang menteri sanggup tumpang kete die, cehhh..

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 12:19 AM |All posts
connectkan ajelah dengan jerebu tu
sebab tu mustapha muhammad tu naik kereta -
kalau air clear -- dia still naik heli  i reckon -

haze dah teruk juga sekarang ni sebab pembakaran
di sumatera sana --

kalau ada anak2 yang asthmatic or allergic dengan
dust -- make sure pakai mask tu --

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 12:43 AM |All posts
makin tak terbela la negara kita ni
penyangak cyber

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 05:13 PM |All posts

Issue Pencemaran (thread sementara)

sementara saya nak dapat semula thread issue pencemaran
yang kita telah sedia ada dulu --
saya akan buka thread sementara ini -
bila dah dapat semula - saya akan mergedkan dengan
yang lama -

thanks -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jangan jadikan sungai jamban dan tong sampah
05-07-2007
Oleh SAODAH ELIAS  

PADA keseluruhannya, lembangan sungai di negara ini yang berjumlah 189 dengan anak-anak sungai yang tidak terbilang banyaknya, masih terpelihara, tetapi keadaan beberapa batang daripada sungai-sungai itu, termasuk beberapa sungai utama, sangat membimbangkan kerana mengalami pencemaran yang teruk.

Dari perspektif  Jabatan Pengarian dan Saliran (JPS), walaupun sebatang daripada ribuan sungai di negara ini yang tercemar, ia tidak boleh diterima, inikan pula sembilan yang telah dikenalpasti sebagai tercemar teruk, termasuk Sungai Klang, Sungai Sepang, Sungai Pinang, Sungai Juru, Sungai Seget dan Sungai Skudai.

Lebih 50 lagi dikategorikan sebagai tercemar.

Ketua Pengarah JPS Datuk Paduka Dr Keizrul Abdullah berkata, sungai secara semula jadi mempunyai mekanismanya sendiri untuk membersihkan kotoran yang berpunca daripada kitaran alam, seperti sampah sarap yang memasuki sungai berikutan hari hujan, tetapi apabila ia dibebankan dengan sisa kumbahan, bahan buangan organik serta bahan pepejal, ia akan tercemar.

Kerana itu, kebanyakan sungai yang tercemar adalah sungai yang melalui kawasan yang telah dimajukan, kawasan perindustrian atau kawasan pembalakan.

Di bahagian hulunya, semua sungai ini sebenarnya sangat bersih, termasuk Sungai Klang yang sepanjang 120 km itu, tetapi menjelang tiba ke muaranya, ia  telah menjadi seperti sungai sampah yang berbu busuk,

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 05:18 PM |All posts
such a beautiful and serene place --

Berkayak di sungai yang indah terpelihara

Keindahan air terjun di Sungai Kroh, di Institut Penyelidikan
Perhutanan Malaysia

tetapi  cuba tengok sungai ni --

Sungai Sara yang teruk tercemar kerana aktiviti pembalakan
di kawasan Perhutanan Temenggor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bila kita tak sayang alam sekitar - begitulah jadinya -
samada individu atau syarikat2  yang nak mengejar
kekayaaan sahaja --
dan individu2 yang malas dan tidak ada concept kebersihat
seperti yang kita bincangkan dulu --

bila terjadi seperti sungai sara berdekatan dengan empangan
temenggor tu --  akan musnahlah ecosystem di sana -

animals have as much right to live as us --
therefore  respect their habitat as we want our
home and land to be respected --

Props Report

keptenmarbel This user has been deleted
Post on 5-7-2007 05:37 PM |All posts
aik...pesal start page 1 balik?

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 05:41 PM |All posts

Reply #3 keptenmarbel's post

thread asal tu kena moved -
tapi insyaallah saya dah buat request
bila dah dapat semula - saya akan mergedkan...

btw -
mengenai post #1 ---
memang ramai terutama orang2 kat kampung2
yang jadikan sungai  TANDAS mereka!!
mana lah tak kotor sungai sungai tu
dan tak mati hidupan2 dalam sungai tu

JUGA...
even some fish tak mati pun -- tapi dah tercemar
all those fresh water fish - jika kita fishing dapat tangkap
mungkin dah mengandungi  toxic dan ada racun
hence --   ZAP! - kita goreng goreng makan malam
terus sakit perut  muntah2 belaka ---

i trust it happened! -

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 06:53 PM |All posts
Haze situation, massive reduction in hotspots in Sumatra

PETALING JAYA: Satellite images show a massive reduction in hotspots in Sumatra, with only nine showing up on the map on Thursday but this does not necessarily mean a respite from the haze.

A Malaysian Meteorological Department spokesman said the reduction in the hotspots was because of heavy cloud cover.

The situation in the north-western states of Malaysia remains the same with visibility between 4km and 7km and we will not really know how many hotspots there are in Sumatra until the clouds clear.

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 10:09 PM |All posts
Air pollution worsens in some areas

A pall of haze hovering over Alor Star at 10am yesterday

ALOR STAR, Thurs:

The Air Pollutant Index reached the "unhealthy" status for Sungai Petani while two other areas in the state registered slightly higher readings yesterday, compared with Tuesday.

The API reading for Sungai Petani shot up to 104 from 62 the day before while the reading for Alor Star rose to 62 from 51 on Tuesday.

In Langkawi, the API was 61 compared with 55 on Tuesday.

Perlis also experienced a slightly hazier condition when the index climbed to 54 yesterday compared with 51 on Tuesday.

The presence of higher pollutants caused visibility in Sungai Petani to be reduced to four kilometres yesterday, compared with seven kilometres the day before.

Visibility in Alor Star, Langkawi and Kangar also registered a drop yesterday.

The readings as at 11am at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Prai and Seberang Jaya stood at 65, 74 and 94 respectively.

Props Report

Post on 5-7-2007 11:36 PM |All posts
Old copper mine poses a threat
By MUGUNTAN VANAR

KOTA KINABALU: The abandoned Mamut Copper Mine has left behind a trail of pollutants that's unfriendly to nature and to the health of people living in the foothills of Mount Kinabalu in Sabah.

For the first time, a state minister is confirming the words of researchers and scientists who have been fearing a disaster in the aftermath of the closure of the largest open copper mine in the country.

State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun told The Star yesterday the fears of the environmentalist would have to be seriously looked into.

We are now leaving it to the Geo-Science and Minerals Department to look deeper on how to rehabilitate the man-made lake (mining pit) and the Lohan tailings dam,

Props Report

Post on 6-7-2007 05:39 AM |All posts
Selangor beli sampah 10 sen sekilogram
Oleh FAUZIAH AROF

SHAH ALAM 5 Julai

Props Report

Post on 6-7-2007 08:07 AM |All posts
gubal tu... gubal ni tapi enforcement kurang/tak cukup dari local authority, tak guna gak

moralnya, amiklah pekerja local otoriti banyak2 utk kembangkan pbt nih.... amiklah aku keje   hehhehehe

Props Report

Post on 6-7-2007 09:05 AM |All posts
Originally posted by dexa at 5-7-2007 11:36 PM
Old copper mine poses a threat
By MUGUNTAN VANAR

KOTA KINABALU: The abandoned Mamut Copper Mine has left behind a trail of pollutants that's unfriendly to nature and to the health of people ...

kat kg hasben haku gold mine...bayabgkan bahan buangan dia...maybe yg utk buat bleaching seme kot dia tuang dlm satu kolam...pokok2 keliling tuh yg besor pun bleh mampush..DOE msk..takde tindakan haper pun...itu kalo meresap msk sungai tak tau ler..

Props Report

Syd  

Legenderer

Post on 6-7-2007 09:07 AM |All posts

Pengurusan Sampah : Selangor beli sampah 10 sen/kg

Selangor beli sampah 10 sen sekilogramOleh FAUZIAH AROF
SHAH ALAM 5 Julai

Props Report

Post on 6-7-2007 09:12 AM |All posts
lepas ni ade la kes kecurian sampah...
Make it so....

Props Report

Post on 6-7-2007 09:23 AM |All posts
ler, baiknya kerajaan negeri, sepatutnya rakyat ditanamkan sikap tanggungjawab, bukannya dengan ganjaran. seribu sehari nak diperuntukkan utk ni  jer..sebulan? setahun?

patutnya saman lebih bagi yang buang sampah merata-rata bukannyer jadi pemurah bagi duit lagi nak beli sampah.....lepas ni mesti ada cukai ke apa ke yang naik sebab nak cover balik. Jika murah berbanding kontraktor, berapakah murahnya?

tgkla...sampai bila kerajaan negeri sanggup buat camnie? kalau berjaya teruskanlah, cuma jangan sampai cukai pintu ke lesen niaga ke, parking kereta pun ikut naik.

Props Report

You need to login first Login | Register Facebook Login

Important Notice: The views and opinions expressed on the forum or the related pages are of the owner alone, and are not endorsed by CARI, nor is CARI responsible for them. Due to the nature of the Internet forum is in real time, CARI does not, and can not censor any submission, but asks that each user use discretion and respect for other users, and does not contribute any word that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. CARI reserve the right to withhold and/or remove any link that might possibly hold an individual, entity or group ridicule, potential embarrassment or potential defamation. CARI also reserves the right to accept, edit and/or remove any link that is deemed inappropriate in any way.
Hosted by

Archiver|Mobile|CARI Malay Forums

GMT+8, 21-9-2014 08:01 AM , Processed in 0.249415 second(s), 28 queries , Gzip On.